Thousands of Texas physicians, medical students, and TMA Alliance members flock to Austin this weekend for TexMed 2015. Advance registration is now closed, but you can still register on site. The meeting is free for TMA members. Here are some highlights you won’t want to miss:
- TexMed at the Capitol – 1-4 pm, Thursday. Lobby, mingle, and eat some ice cream.
- More than 80 hours of free continuing medical education – Friday and Saturday.
- House of Delegates meeting – Starts 8 am Friday and 8:30 am Saturday. Celebrate the SGR repeal with special guest, U.S. Rep. Michael Burgess, MD (R-Lewisville), 10 am Saturday.
- Expo Hall – Nearly 160 exhibitors with products and services you need to see. Opens at 7 am Friday and 6 am Saturday.
- Ira Byock, MD – Opening General Session speaker, 4 pm Friday, the future of end-of-life care. Can’t make it in person? Watch the live stream on TMA TV or catch the replay at 7 pm, May 4.
- A Lawn Party – The TMA Foundation’s annual gala, 7-11 pm Friday.
- Trisha Shands, MD – Closing General Session speaker, 1:30 pm Saturday. Journey through breast cancer and the Alaskan tundra. Also live on TMA TV; replay at 7 pm, May 5.