- Stop silent PPOs’ theft of physician services;
- Cut red tape and excessive regulations;
- Rein in Medicaid fraud-and-abuse investigations;
- Gain tax relief for physicians;
- Establish a more streamlined, less bureaucratic way of supervising allied health practitioners;
- Protect your independent medical judgment;
- Battle physician shortages;
- Reverse budget cuts, and invest more state money into mental health and women’s health care services; and
- Protect young Texans.
Meanwhile, we rejected every single attack on our 2003 liability reforms and every single inappropriate attempt to expand scope of practice. For more details on all of this, see the special issue of TMA Action coming out this week and August’s edition of Texas Medicine.