TMA reached out and touched more than 20,000 members with news on how to prepare for the Nov. 19 transition to a new Medicare carrier for Texas. More than 2,000 stayed on the line for our Tele-Town Hall meeting with TMA staff experts and senior staff from Novitas Solutions, the new carrier. If you missed it, or want to listen again, the full recording is on the TMA website. Here are six things you need to do now to make sure your patient care and cash flow aren’t interrupted:
- Double check that you’ve sent your electronic funds transfer paperwork to Novitas;
- Review Novitas’ Local Coverage Determination policies;
- Familiarize yourself with the Novitas website;
- Take a close look at Novitas’ evaluation and management coding guidelines;
- Consider enrolling in TMA’s statewide fall Medicare seminar series; and
- If you have any questions, please call the TMA Knowledge Center at (800) 880-7955.