Bob Horth of Wichita Falls won this year’s TMA Alliance President’s Award for his outstanding medical mission work in Guatemala, Indonesia, and Pakistan. His passion for helping those in need is unsurpassed. Other TMA Alliance winners are:
- Pat Durham Membership Award, for the county with the best overall membership campaign: Smith County Medical Society Alliance, which also won the Global Service Award as the county that best responds to the health-related needs of the worldwide community;
- Joan Timmins Milburn Award for Doctors’ Day, for the county with the best overall recognition of Doctors’ Day: Cameron-Willacy (North) Medical Society Alliance;
- Advocates of Health Award, for the county with the most outstanding execution of the current statewide health project, Be Wise — ImmunizeSM: Fort Bend Medical Society Alliance;
- Alliance of the Future: Dallas County Medical Society Alliance for the most innovation;
- Mary Ann Homer Award for Legislative and Political Action, for the county with the best legislative project: Bexar County Medical Society Alliance; and
- Dedication to the Mission Award, for the county with the project that most clearly epitomizes the promotion of the TMA Alliance mission: Travis County Medical Alliance.
Be Wise — Immunize is a service mark of the Texas Medical Association.