You can probably feel the pre-meeting buzz in the TMA building. We’re packed and ready to move the operation to the Sheraton Dallas forTexMed 2012. Business meetings begin on Thursday before the show really blooms on Friday and Saturday. In addition to the great exhibit hall and 100-plus hours of continuing medical education (CME) classes, here’s what I’m looking forward to:
- The installation of Michael Speer, MD, and Linda Adkins as TMA and TMA Alliance presidents;
- TEXPAC’s 50th Anniversary Celebration Thursday night, and the TMA Foundation gala – Going Gold for Great Health – on Friday (you can still buy tickets to both);
- Some stimulating policy debates and intriguing elections in the House of Delegates (see below);
- Abilene’s Virginia Connally, MD, receiving the TMA Distinguished Service Award; and
- Saturday’s day-long CME session from the Council on Health Care Quality: “Quality: Building a Practice That Will Work for You in the Future.” Look for tools and instruction on how to improve the quality of care provided in your practice — while minimizing the costs of getting there.