- “State to Close Program on Federal Health Law,” a New York Times article featuring Genevieve Davis, TMA’s director of payment advocacy, and me.
- Missing from the many articles on the success of TMA’s drive to delay the ICD-10 coding system: Dr. Malone wants to make sure we credit Joe Schneider, MD, of Dallas, chair of the TMA Ad Hoc Committee on Health Information Technology, “the author of the original TMA resolution, and the intellectual force behind the drive to get it done.”
- Dr. Malone puts Governor Perry under the knife.
- Feds cite TMA data in letter on Medicare opt-outs. (Calendar of Doom note: March 1 is the deadline for participating Medicare physicians to opt out effective April 1.)
- DocBookMD secures $2.2 million in seed funding.
- Dr. Malone and TMA Trustee Doug Curran, MD, on big challenges facing Medicine.
Monday, February 27, 2012
NEW AND UNDERREPORTED NEWS ITEMS
Here are a few stories that crossed our radar over the past few days:
Posted by Steve Levine at 11:14 AM