- Linda Adkins of Houston won TEXPAC’s June Bratcher Award, given every two years for political excellence to a TMA Alliance member.
- The Medical Student Section Chapter of the Year Award went to the Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine students for their outstanding community service activities.
- Kim Hawthorne of The University of Texas Medical School at Houston was named Student of the Year for her “reliable, effective, and passionate” leadership.
- The medical students gave their C. Frank Webber Award to Angela Siler-Fisher, MD, for her work in helping students become involved in TMA.
- The Board of Councilors nominated former TMA President Bohn Allen, MD, for the Distinguished Service Award. Because of a schedule conflict, Dr. Allen will receive it at TMA Fall Conference.
Monday, May 16, 2011
HINCHEY TAGGED "YOUNG AT HEART;" LINDA ADKINS WINS JUNE BRATCHER AWARD
The well-deserved accolades and honors are always some of the most touching moments at TMA’s annual meetings. The Young Physician Section gave its Young at Heart Award to former TMA President Bill Hinchey, MD. He received the award for his commitment to organized medicine, and his willingness and openness to bringing young physicians up the ranks. Other winners:
Posted by Steve Levine at 12:36 PM