- Stan Wang, MD, of Austin, and Tom Garcia, MD, of Houston, who testified before the House Insurance Committee on House bills 390 and 389 by Rep. John Zerwas, MD (R-Simonton). HB 390 would require health plans to pay patients’ routine medical costs when participating in a clinical trial. HB 389 fixes some holes in our 2007 expedited credentialing bill.
- John Holcomb, MD, of San Antonio, who testified before the Senate State Affairs Committee for SB 39, the Senate’s version of HB 390, by Sen. Judith Zaffirini (D-Laredo).
- Jason Terk, MD, a pediatrician from Keller, who testified on two bills that relate to the state's immunization registry: SB 346 and SB 347 by Sen. Jane Nelson (R-Lewisville).
- Albert Gros, MD, chair of TMA’s Council on Legislation, who testified for TMA in support of HB 1126 by Rep. Eddie Lucio III (D-Brownsville). HB 1126 would make State Office of Administrative Hearing decisions binding on both physicians and the Texas Medical Board.
- TMA Vice Speaker Clifford Moy, MD, who testified before a House Appropriations Subcommittee on the importance of funding undergraduate and graduate medical education in Texas.
Monday, March 9, 2009
TEXAS PHYSICIANS TESTIFY ON TMA'S LEGISLATIVE AGENDA
Thanks to these Texas physicians who testified at the capitol for their colleagues this week:
Posted by Steve Levine at 10:33 AM